It's another night down the freeway, and your wheels are humming behind you. Like a calm expert, you deftly control the large trailer you're pulling so you can safely deliver the goods it contains from one place to another. The traffic is light tonight, and you're proud of the training and experience that's brought you this far. Not everyone can safely operate a tractor-trailer combo. As someone with this unique training, you know you're required to complete an annual Department of Transportation (DOT) physical. Thankfully, the team at Phillips Chiropractic is qualified to perform and sign off on your DOT physical. We have been performing DOT physicals for residents of Woodland, CA, Madison, CA, Esparto, CA, and Davis, CA for many years.
California DOT Physical Requirements
To drive a large vehicle in a commercial capacity, a person must demonstrate their physical abilities to a qualified examiner. To pass a DOT physical, the applicant must:
- Meet the vision requirements to see specific fields of depth and colors of warning lights and traffic signals
- Not have any cardiovascular issues which would cause them to have shortness of breath, cardiac arrest, or cardiac failure
- Be able to hear warning signs, sirens, or other notifications from official sources, and be able to listen to a strained whisper with or without the use of a hearing aid
- Lift specific amounts of weight and carry them specific distances
- Pass a physical exam that includes appropriate blood pressure, pulse rate, and not have any condition which can induce seizures
- Show they are not currently relying on medication to alter their moods for anxiety or other psychological disorders
As a chiropractor who serves the greater Woodland areas, we are adept at helping people with their range of motion issues, reoccurring headaches, and other problems. Many issues a person experiences can be resolved once the spinal vertebrae’s natural alignment has been restored. Chiropractic adjustments relieve pinched nerves, relax muscles, and promote the flow of blood and nutrients between cells. Many people find they have increased energy after treatment, which is always helpful when operating a big rig.
Schedule a DOT Physical with Our Chiropractor Today
Phillips Chiropractic in Woodland, CA, serves the areas of Madison, CA, Esparto, CA, and Davis, CA. Even if you've never had chiropractic care before, we can provide you with a thorough screening to either prove you're physically fit enough to pass the DOT physical or show you what needs to be done to fix issues that are preventing you from passing. Call Phillips Chiropractic today at (530) 666-2526 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.